WEYAUWEGA LAKE RESTORATION, INC
WEYAUWEGA Public Library, WEYAUWEGA
Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:00 PM
Bob Van Epps, Jim Tolfa, Dave Werth, Bob Radtke, Howard Quimby, Don Morgan, Tom Schneider, Holly Martin, Doug Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org – Nelson Environmental and J&J Transplant. Kent Gerard, (secretary) Caroline Zemple (BCZ1036@yahoo.com), Bill Zemple, Wilson, Ron Wiesman, Tyler Nollenberg
1. Approval of March 15th Minutes Motion Tolfa Second Werth Passed
2. Financial Report: Wiesman Membership dues are coming in and the City has provided their second payment of 15K
2-29-12 M&I Balance 8,794.59
4-12-12 M&I Balance 2,689.95
3-30-12 1st National Bank Balance 15,001.79
Cash on hand 17,686.81
Motion Radke Second Tolfa accepted
3. Report on Lake Plants and their impact on the lake by Doug Nelson - Motion Tolfa second Gerard to put this on the agenda.
Wet meadow and shallow marsh plants will erupt first. We will most likely need Lily pads in shallow areas, this will block light and prohibit other more undesirable plants while providing cover for fish . Submergent vegetation will help with fish food and nutrient loading. We could also add bull rushes to shallow areas. Native plants American lotus will compete against milfoil seed. Were some of the recommendations by Mr. Nelson.
4. Fundraising: Steve Thomas. Of the tanning spa will have another cookout and April 27-29 Jim Tolfa will sell brats.
Bob Radtke will be sending out letters next week for the $10,000 raffle: Raffle open to the general public 1st of May.
5. Education Committee
a. Beach Raking: The highschool kids came and raked the beach. The beach looks good. There is a warming house that needs to be worked on.
b. Summerfest July 22 Educational event. Need pamphlets
c. Purchase of 3 underwater Cameras:
6. Grant: Plant Consulting by Mr. Nelson consideration: Cost: @25 per hour for consulting for a grant for the necessary plants. (approx. $1,000). The grant would come from the DNR. Make sure to get references on past projects. This was agreed by the body.
7. Old Business:
a. Lake Project update; September 1st the lake refills. Restocking the lake will begin as the pool fills. Ice fishing needs to be suspended.
b. City of Weyauwega. Meeting Report: There was a meeting last summer to determine what the city will do to fix the boat ramps and the piers. Mayor Morgan reports this project has not moved forward to his knowledge. It was resolved that members of WLR will attend the City Public Works meetings to move this forward.
c. North American Hydro Status: NAH is not being sold. Jeremy is happy to work with us.
d. Google the Lake: need good pix of lake. Looking for satellite.
8. New Business
a. Public Comment: None
b. Water Testing: Report is back from the Testing company with no red flags.
c. Permits: None needed by the club so far.
d. Membership: Growing
e. Board Members election next month
9. Next meeting 10th of May
10. Adjourn Meeting : Werth, second Zemple