WEYAUWEGA LAKE RESTORATION, INC
WEYAUWEGA MIDDLE SCHOOL IMC - 500 E. Ann Street , WEYAUWEGA
Thursday, May 12 2011
Jim Tolfa Bob Van Epps Howard Quimby
Holly Martin Tom Schneider Dave Werth
Kent Jerrard Ron Wiesman Keith Bolter
1. Introduction of those in attendance Bob V.
2. Approval of April 14, 2011 minutes Motion Jim T. Second Dave W Approved
3. Financial Report – Ron Wiesman (Holly Martin for Ron)
4-12-2011 Opening Bal 3,902.54
5-12-2011 Closing Bal 5,062.54
Waupaca County Rescourses Foundation 3,650.00
First National Account
a. Paid membership update: 24 paid member
b. Donations Report: $250 Agropur
c. Foundation under 501 (c) 3: Waiting for a call back.
4. Project Update Report – Bob V. Dave W.
a. NAH Contract Update Bob V Dave W:
Still waiting for update from FERC. Dave Contacted FERC – not very familiar with the project. “Project is under review and should be ready soon” There is no definition of “Soon”
Bob VE. Talked with Matt Harp Aquatic plants will seed and we will not get relief from the weeds.
Dave W. There is nothing we can do about the FERC.
Drop dead date of June 1 to decide if we should pull the plug and not take the lake down this year but apply for another permit or just let the lake go.
b. Permit process with FERC: Dave W: We are now 73 days and waiting
5. Fundraising Committee Report – Bob R & Jim T.:
a. New London Days Jim T. Suggests a Hawaii Vacation package with a $20 ticket 500 tickets to be sold. (Package to cost 3K Revenue 7K) Cost of the trip: Will have by next meeting.
c. Next Raffle Project – Bob R. Sold 110 tickets -
6. Education Committee Report – Connie A., Carrie E., Lynn P. no report
7. Grant Committee Report – Holly M. No Report
8. New Business
a. Public Comment
Motion Should we join Shadows on the Wolf and Lake Alliance? No to the Lake Alliance and the Shadows on the Wolf needs further investigation Jim T. - Kent J. approved.
b. Volunteers for weed and fish saving during drawdown: Bob V. and Jim T. feel there will be a good supply of volunteers.
New board members: Dan Stern and Ray Schalkowski retired from the board
Motion to nominate Bill Zemple Jim T , K Bolter second Approved
Motion for Kent Jerrard. Jim T, Ron W second Approved
Ron Wiesman and Howard Quimby will stay on the Board. Passed.
9. Next Meeting: June 2, 2011 Same location.
10. Meeting Adjourned: Ron W. Second Dave W. Meeting Adjourned.