LAKE WEYAUWEGA RESTORATION, INC
TOMORROW/WAUPACA RIVER/LAKE WEYAUWEGA INITIATIVE
MEETING OF June 10, 2010 6:00 P.M.
WEYAUWEGA HIGHSCHOOL AUDITORIUM, WEYAUWEGA
1. Introduction of those in attendance – Name, Address Sign in Sheet.
Bob Van Epps
Joy Van Epps
2. Present the Co-Chairpersons & Recorder Board members were presented by Bob Van Epps
Bob Van Epps – President
Bob Radtke – Vice President
Ron Wiesman – Treasurer
Holly Martin – Secretary
Howard Quimby – Member
Ray Schalkowski – Member
Jim Tolfa – Member
Dan Stearns – Member
David Werth – Legal Counsel
3. Approval of May 13, 2010 minutes Ron W. Howard Q. to accept the minutes Minutes amended to reflect how the grant will be reworked.
4. Financial Report – Ron Weisman:
May closing balance $4,742.31
Ending Balance $12,792.31 Howard Q Joy V report approved
5. Report, Project Status (drawdown of the lake) - Bob Van Epps: - Progress; Education piece is in place. Environmental study. Still waiting on Scott K to complete this piece. NAH does not have our lake plan and neither does the FERC. These plans need to be forwarded. Holly will forward them.
UPDATE: Hearing Date is July 14th 2010, 10:00 AM at the Gerold Opera House 136 E. Main Street Weyauwega, WI
Another development: Zebra Mussels are now in the chain
We are hearing from NAH and observers on the Crystal River behind Bethany that the Dam above the Weyauwega pond is continuing to dump the ponds at regular intervals. This causes the Crystal River to become a mud flat and NAH must dispatch personnel to the Weyauwega dam in the middle of the night to regulate the pond level as they are required by their FERC license.
Resolution: Bob V. We send our plan for Weyauwega Lake to NAH.Ron W. passed
Resolution: we provide Scott with the numbers (cost) and strongly encourage the August Drawdown Jim T. Dave W Passed
6. Report, Fundraising (Raffle Tickets) - Bob Radtke: 170 tickets sold. Get something in the papers. Selling the rate of 30 per week. Steve Thomas will put and ad on his sign. Posters We can make posters and postcards. Jim will take the posters around - passed
July 16 – 18 fundraisers for Weyauwega Lake
7. Report, 501(c)3, Incorporation status, By Laws – Howard Quimby:
Motion to repeal the old By-Laws and replace them with the new By-Laws with the revision that proxies and ballots be removed from the Article II. Passed.
8. Report, Education – Lynn Ponto, Connie Abert or Carrie Esch:
Education Plan Lynn Ponto see attached plan. Lynn wants to coordinate with the DNR more closely Ted will do dissolved oxygen. Web site will be developed by the students. and linked to our website.
Any changes to the grant will need to be addressed. Matt Harp will provide all the scientific testing equipment.
Cameras will be purchased for not more than $400. We shall purchase two . Motion passed.
(Send email to matt harp. Get hard cost for his involvement (holly))
Education piece needs to be defined in a meeting with Ted, Matt, Al, Lynn, Connie and someone from the group
9. Public Comment and discussion
1. Dues - $10 per year - passed
2. Fundraising Ideas and Grants to seek Holly Martin – We need to start the process now.
3. Next Meeting July 8, 2010 Weyauwega Fremont High School Library 4:00 pm